Sunday, March 17, 2013

Inaugural Run

I went on my first run last night.  Considering my inactivity level, that I've got old shoes (note to self, buy new ones ASAP) and that my asthma has been crazy this year, I don't think I did too bad.
I ran/walked (admittedly walked more than ran) 2.36 miles in 35.08 minutes. Average minutes/mile 14:54.  Definitely not speedy but not too horrible.  I was exhausted after my run.  Today I'm sore in odd places-namely my left thigh and right butt cheek.  Maybe I run crooked. 
Next week I'll be getting a jogging stroller so I can drag the boy person along with me.  Should be interesting how much more difficult it will be for me to run while pushing him than it is to just lug myself around.
I'm tracking my runs with a cool app called Runkeeper. It gives me all the details of how I'm doing, interrupts my music every 5-10 minutes(not sure exactly how often because I didn't really pay attention) to let me know how long I've been running, how far I've gone and my average minutes/mile.  It's pretty freaking cool.
Next run probably won't be until Tuesday after I get the jogging stroller. I expect that run to be not as far and definitely slower but we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment