Thursday, June 6, 2013

I'm BAAAAAACCCCKKKK!!!!

So it's been a while.  A lot has occurred.  First, I've changed the name of the blog from My Road to Tink to My Road to Health.  The main reason for that is, during my running sabbatical, I was diagnosed with Whooping Cough and as being a pre-diabetic.  So Health is the name of the game right now.  I couldn't run for quite some time because of the Whooping and then we moved so I counted lugging around boxes and furniture as my exercise. But now that we are somewhat settled into our new place, I'm back to running (walking).  Last night was my maiden voyage post Whooping and I was slower than ever but I did it anyway.  It took me 32 minutes to go just over two miles.  I'm super sore today but it's a good, I accomplished something, kind of sore.  I probably won't go tonight but definitely tomorrow and hopefully a few times over the weekend too.
With the diagnosis of pre-diabetes, my focus has changed from training for the Tink half to just getting my weight under control, my sugars under control and getting back into shape.  If the Tink half happens, great, if not, maybe next year. 
I have two fun races coming up in a few weeks-the Color Me Rad 5K on the 22nd and Millie's Princess 5K on the 29th.  Hopefully in the next few weeks I can get in enough shape that those races won't be too rough on me.
For the sake of documentation and brutal honesty, here are my fatty fat fats stats right now:
Height: 5'2" (this will not change LOL)
Weight: 173 - My heaviest ever.  I weighed this much when I was 9 months pregnant
Pants Size: 14 - My largest ever, I intend to never ever be able to wear these giant pants again
Pre Diabetic due to weight
Asthma isn't so great due to weight
Sleeping sucks most likely due in large to weight
So why did I let myself get this big, it seems to screw up everything! Remember this, remember how sucky it feels and never come back to this point!

No comments:

Post a Comment